[or-roots] GURLEY

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Oct 23 09:32:46 PDT 2005

You've probably already looked at this Linda, but thought I would take a
shot at it anyway, in 1860 there appears to be one Gurley family in all of
Oregon, but in Pleasant Hill GW (George William?) wife Eliz 4 yr old son Wm
G and possibly one year old son listed with another Pleasant Hill
houselhold???

Okay Scratch that, found them listed as Guiley in Lost Valley in 1880

1870 finds one Gurley family in Clackamas Orin, wife Ann and Children, but
in 1880 Orin is dead, but still in Clackamas.

 I suppose it is possible Orin ended up buried in Jct City, but seems
unlikely.

*	*	*	*	*	*	*	*

Here's an idea, have you asked Lottie L. Gurley and Mrs. Wayne E. Gurley
(same person??) of Genealogical Forum of Oregon, Inc.
http://www.gfo.org/index.htm	if they know who this guy is?

*	*	*	*	*	*	*	*
for general Civil war info here is a great site, unfortunately it has almost
nothing in or about Oregon;

http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/warweb.html

*	*	*	*	*	*
another great links page for veteran's genealogy research, for virtually
every war we have participated in before and after the revolution;

http://geneasearch.com/military2.htm

Oregon civil war regimental index;

http://www.civilwararchive.com/unionor.htm
1st Regiment Cavalry

1st Regiment Infantry

Going to have to give up for Now Linda, but intend to hammer at it some more
later, have to turn the computer over to the boss.

Les C

Subject: [or-roots] GURLEY

Does anyone on this list have GURLEY in their family line.
I am specifically looking for a Civil War Veteran believed to be buried at
Junction City and
I do not have a first name - or any other information.

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR
LinLouVan at aol.com