[or-roots] Another Christmas Story

kat1928 at integrity.com kat1928 at integrity.com
Sun Oct 23 12:57:07 PDT 2005

Quoting dgoodma02 at comcast.net:

> As I'm sure you all know by now, I was born on Christmas Day in 1928, in
> Portland, Oregon, but we lived in Pendelton, Walla Walla, and Tacoma, WA,
> during the 30's.  We were fortunate during the Depression, as my Dad had a
> good Job and got a pay raise during that period.
> One Christmas morning (1936?) when we opened gifts I found two packages for
> me under the Tree. One had a card with Happy Birthday on it the Other was
> labeled Merry  Christmas.  Each package contained ONE Roller Skate!!
>
> --
> Bob Goodman
> USAF Retired
> University Place, Washington

I was born the day after you were.  Yes, the many years of leaving one present
under the tree until the next day!

How did your birthday parties turn out?  It never worked out for me.  People
were always gone for the holidays, had company, or later in life,-had
hangovers!

One year during the war, Mom decided I was going to have a birthday party!  She
scheduled it on Holloween.  She went to a lot of trouble making everything
perfect.

The evening of the party, darkness came and so did my excitement.  Then - guess
what.  We had a practice Air Raid!!  it lasted until too late for anyone to
come.

Does this mean I don't get older?

Dorothy

kat1928 at integrity.com