[or-roots] Oregon Bound

Cole, Sherry Sherry.Cole at ed.gov
Tue Oct 25 07:41:28 PDT 2005

YEs, John Nelson Wood is my g. grandfather and we are going to go visit the cemetery.  I will try and get his internment records because I would like to find proof of his parents.  Here is the story:
Over in Nova Scotia, I found two Wood families that we are related to us - one claims us as relatives and it is written in a township book ---  and the other family is the Wood family that my Dad mentions in his notes to us.  That second Wood family didn't claim us because their is no record of us on their side.  Recently, my brother, found a family picture in an old trunk, of that second Wood family - it was sent in 1900 from Nova Scotia to Oregon.  Now, not many people back then sent pictures that far away unless they were related!  So, I made copies of that picture and the second family, of course, claimed it and they were absolutely thrilled to get a copy (the only one in existance).  They now claim us but I would like actual proof.

also, that last name on the PleasantViewl cemetery list of Woods - Miriam E. Wood is my grandfather, correct spelling is Hiram E. Wood.  I will be checking it out when I get there and then take pictures to show the people that transcripted the information that the spelling is wrong.

thanks for any added information and interest.

Sherry