[or-roots] Isaac Stearns

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 19:12:17 PDT 2005

Chris;

We may have talked about this before, I seem to remember someone mentioning
at least one Stearns Oregon Trail diary or some such, but my memory is so
bad, if you'd like I can send you my entire stearns tree off list. It runs
41 pages with sources. You will only be getting down to my great
grandparents as the family is paranoid about identity theft.

I am apparetnly a generation older than your husband as Kinship report calls
me his 8th great grandson.

Les Chapman

Subject: RE: [or-roots] Isaac Stearns

Les,

Are you related to this line?  My husband is generation #11 from Isaac -

My information on the early generations is minimal - I'll print out your
stuff and see what I can substantiate and see where your information takes
me ....

Do you know that Two Ladies (generation #6) - each wrote unrelated Oregon
Trails Diaries ????
Charlotte Emily Stearns Pengra and her sister Velina Asenath Stearns
Williams

Dale - Hello and Howdy - I am hoping to put together a bit more information
to give to the Husband's aunt for Christmas - Genealogy and/or a good big
Amaryllis so far are my best received Christmas gifts ....

And the wife always struggles with gifts to the in-laws  <GRIN>

Chris