[or-roots] Isaac Stearns

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 00:38:45 PDT 2005

Barbara;

Wagenen seems to be my Sis-in-laws source for Isaac, I have put some other
sources into the stuff I offered Chris and you and Dale are welcome to a
copy of that file if you would like. I also am connected to Sarah Beers, but
not as a descendant, she is second wife of my Wheeler connection Timothy
Wheeler, her husband Isaac being son of the Isaac that Dale and I were
talking about. I note on further review that my Stearns line has a lot of
provisionally and uncertainty and inferring types of remarks in my notes,
much of it is peiced together from other genealogies and many pieces of
histories and vital record sources scabbed on where I was reasonably certain
I had the right people, take it all with a grain of salt.

My connection to Isaac is about as tortured as the last sentence; HANNAH6
LEARNED (BENONI5, MARY4 STEARNS, ISAAC3) is how I link in, she marries James
Leland and they are the parents of James Jr. who marries Lucy Warren and
their dau Beulah marries oone of my grandfathers Melvin then it is Melvin
for 4 gens till you get to my Mommy whose mother was born a Melvin.

Well I have to go back to bed and try to get to sleep again.

Les C

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Isaac Stearns

Les, Dale & other Stearns descendants,
I descend from Isaac Stearns, Jr. and Sarah Beers.  I haven't really done
any work on this line myself, and the information that I do have comes from
the book Genealogy and Memoirs of Isaac Stearns and His Descendants by Mrs.
Avis Stearns Van Wagenen, published 1901.  I found the book through Heritage
Quest.

Barbara Herring