[or-roots] Douglas County - Jackson, Vivian Theodore

Denise Merritt merritthome1 at cableone.net
Sun Oct 30 20:30:09 PST 2005

I'm wanting to learn if anyone has any info on Vivian Theodore Jackson.  Some years back my great uncles told me this man was my great-grandfather's best friend and his son was related distantly thru the Agee line of the family (I wasn't clear if it was the mom or dad that was suppose to be related).  I'm just beginning to work on learning about this family.  I have discovered that 1929-1933 V.T. Jackson was the Sheriff of Douglas County, Oregon.  His wife was Susie and son, Elton V. and dau. Dorothy D. were living at home in Roseburg.  I thought he also had a son named David but that son is not listed in their home in the 1930 census.

Just thought I'd ask on the OR-Roots list as possibly someone else already has info. on this family.

Denise Merritt

(Descendant of Atterbury, Agee, Matthews, Simmons, Gage, Gilliam, Kent, Thornton, Todd, Shaff, Shoemaker, Chester, & Landreth families of Oregon)