[or-roots] Street addresses

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 17:04:02 PST 2005

Suzanne;

Where and when specifically were you looking for the address; there are a
lot of directories online, and the details of locations from census to
census vary greatly, here in Reedsport in 1920 most of the down town area
was just listed as "Umpqua riverfront"  that isn't very helpful, in 1930
Portland, Oregon the census taker not only noted the street houses were on,
but listed cross streets as they went, at least in the section of interest
to me, unfortunately I still haven't been able to figure out where the folks
I was looking for are, because I haven't been able to figure out which way
Phoebe means when she says they were just around the corner!!!