[or-roots] Mystery Photo

Denise Merritt merritthome1 at cableone.net
Thu Sep 1 08:19:59 PDT 2005

The leads to Linda's "Hamilton" challenge have encouraged me to post one of
my "mysteries".  Perhaps someone on the list knows something helpful.

I have many old photos and I can identify many of them.  One remains a
mystery to me and I haven't been able to locate leads on the few clues on
the back.

The photo is of a family group - Dad & Mom sitting by a table with 8
children around them (ages appear to be probably adult male 24 down to a 2
yr old - guesstimates).  There is no photo studio imprint or clues on the
front.  The back of the photo says:

Mrs. E. M Tiffany, Hillsboro; Mrs. C.E. Jacobson, 350 Madison

I do not have either of these names in my family database of relatives but I
also couldn't locate them in my census searches yet.  I'm guessing the photo
is from 1900-1920 time period but I'm not an educated guesser necessarily.

Any ideas?

Denise Merritt
with Oregon roots back to 1844

The Lewis-Clark Pathfinder club web page can be found at
www.lcpathfinders.org
My personal web page is at http://myweb.cableone.net/merritthome1/