[or-roots] Edwin O. DAUE

Trisha Neal trisch at charter.net
Thu Sep 22 12:44:30 PDT 2005

Is anyone researching the DAUE family?  I am trying to locate information on
Edwin O. Daue who was involved in mining. He was in Arizona in the 1920s as
General Manager of the Dardanelles Amalgamated Mines, Inc. located at
Chloride.

The only information I have been able find on him is his burial info at
Arlington Cemetery.  He was born in 1879 and died August 1954.

I have not been able to find him in census records..other than one Edwin
Daue in 1930 in Oregon who is listed as a farmer. Not that it couldn't be
him, but I don't think it is.  Another one, Clifford O. Daue, was born in
Oregon and died in 1977 in California.

The initial "O" seems to important, as Edwin was listed in news articles as
"Edwin O. Daue." It also states that he was a well-known mineralogist.

He was in the Spanish American war and worked several years in South America
and then in Central America. That may account for not having census records.
I have searched online newspapers and nothing shows up.

Per the records from Arlington his rank was CAPT CO A 212 ENGR 12 DIV USA
Short of contacting the cemetery, I'm hitting a brick wall on this one.  I
do need to get to Eugene to visit U of O's library as they have a large
collection on mining and it may be that he is in one of the mining industry
"who's who" but I just haven't made it yet. :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Trish

Giving 15 women their place in history!
<http://www.WrangellGarnetLedge.com> www.WrangellGarnetLedge.com

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer for Coos County and Oregon Coast