[or-roots] RE: Dells Burgers

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 18:55:11 PDT 2005

The original Dell's was torn down to make way for a  car lot - go figure.
Across the street we now have a parking garage (right  across the alley from
Hubbard's Ace Hardware). There are two more Dell's opened  by the daughter of the
original owner - one is out W. Main by the Blackbird (a  local outdoor store).

What do the kids do these days? Cruise the downtown  streets. It's not safe
for anyone else to be down there unless they want to get  caught up in the
cruise.

I guess I would rather not know what else they do as I  still have a teen age
grandchild. Thankfully, the rest grew up without any  problem so something
must be going right down here.

I was born and raised in Portland in  the Montavilla and Parkrose areas and
moved to Medford in 1949.  Graduated Parkrose High in 1947. We hung out at Jim
Dandy's hamburger joint  which is still in Parkrose at about 99th and Sandy.
Loved the Tik-Tok and some  of the other drive-up's in Porland.

Parkrose had a reunion for the graduates of the 1940's  decade last weekend.
I went up and stayed with my brother and his wife and we  all attended the
reunion. A drawing was held for burgers at Jim Dandy's. I  didn't win one though.

Carroll Cooper Summers
Medford

How could they tear down Del's?  Is nothing sacred?!  Del's was  the only
place open after the drive-in movie was over.  What do kids do  now that there
are no more drive-ins?  Never mind, I don't want to  know!

Carla