[or-roots] Janzen Beach

cjp joppe cjpjoppe at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 22:53:01 PDT 2005

When I was a school "Crossing Guard" our annual reward
was a day at Jantzen Beach - free admission and free
rides all day. My friend Janet and I rode the roller
coaster about a dozen times in a row.  The park wasn't
full and there were plenty of seats for all in line so
the ride operator just let us keep riding.  We got our
photos in the newsppaper too! Not for riding so many
times, but just "School Crossing Guards enjoy a day at
Jantzen Beach". The midway, the inflating laughing
lady....

It was on a regular school day but all of the crossing
guards from a lot of schools got to "skip" the day w/
permission from parents and w/ our /Chaperones. I

p.s. the sign on waddles says under renovation
now..... wonder ? maybe waddels will be reincarnated?

--- EugeneMelvin.roots at comcast.net wrote:

> Waddles was closed because they could not afford to
> rent and a Kristy cream donut shop was to replace it
> but last I heard that fell through because the donut
> business was slowing down

> Any one remember the roller coaster and carnival
> there. And of course Waddles was a good hang out in
> my era there too.
> Dan Matney

carole
cjpjoppe at yahoo.com