[or-roots] thing - speakable

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Sep 25 22:54:48 PDT 2005

If I remember correctly in order to access the database you used to have to
sign up for the list, and I think some folks assume that is stll the case
when they find items listed there while searching,or maybe not. Anyway I get
the impression a lot of folks sign up for very limited purpose and don't
take kindly to the loose rules we live by.

I have been on other lists where any posting that didn't follow a rigid
format;

Surname all CAPS followed by dates of birth/ death or appx followed by
region

then text of query, must be of genealogical nature, IE natality, spouse
children or mortality info ONLY

followed by your name AND  email address

imagine what THOSE rules would do to us!

Les

I don't know why people leave when all the people are telling their history,
 this is one of the most interesting part of genealogy,
 all the ( sort of) interviews.

Dan M