[or-roots] Green or Brown? more

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 18:37:57 PDT 2005

Below is the best photo I have of the Shea house.  You'll notice that it is a double exposure as were all of the pictures my mother took of the front of this house. ??  Although it was a 2 story house, the 2nd floor was never finished.  My mother used the second floor to hang the wash when it rained.

Shea house 1880?-1948
Foster, Oregon

Electricity was a mile to the left (in Foster), and it would have cost us a fortune to have it brought to us.  There was a small room in the area that looks like it was the living room (far left), but we used as a bedroom.  I have no idea what this tiny room was intended for when the house was built circa 1880, but we put our useless electric devices in it.  Specifically the washing machine and the waffle iron.  These and other goodies stayed hidden away in there until the Willamette National mill brought electricity to us.

Can anyone tell me the year that the Willamette National Lumber Mill at Foster was built?  I watched it happen, but I do not recall the year - after 1943 before 1948.

Cecil