[or-roots] Francis Chastain

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 22:52:20 PDT 2006

As usual Sue is faster off the mark than me, what she found is the same thing I did,
Lewis / Louis Oct 1855    Kentucky ma 5 yrs
Esther, 	  June 1874	  Oregon   "
Florence E,    may 1896	  "
Frances / Francis M      Aug 1899   "

The variations in spelling are 1900 / 1910

both times they are found in S Harrisburg precinct and then Lewis and Esther disappear as near as I can tell, no sign of Louis in Oregon, I even resorted to looking for a neighbor and then went through the entire precinct with no luck, surprisingly there aren't enough Kentucky born Chastains to make looking nationwide a problem, but no sign of him.

i took a shot at Mr Jackson's parents;

1900	N, Harrisburg precinct

Columbus F	Sept 1874 Oregon ma 3
Rosa	J(?)  Oct 1881
Austin F.   Nov 1899 (?)

One odd note in 1900 Esther lists her parents as born in Missouri and Iowa, in 1910 as Texas and Michigan what's up with that?

I had no luck finding Lewis in 1880, the LDS index lists 118 Chastains in the 1855 +/- 5 age ramge. none of whom look like a variation on Lewis.