[or-roots] I wish

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Apr 25 12:14:12 PDT 2006

Would that I could, if they exist, there are records in Cayuga County that
would bump that line back one or two generations and fill in a lot of the
blanks, I still have very sketchy stuff on several of Minor etc's sisters,
and am jumping out on a very shaky limb with his brother Grant. Even Uncle
Isaac we really don't have a firm birth or death date on and he was one that
came west with Grandma.

The beauty of it is there is a real good chance the same courthouse might
reveal something about Grandpa Decker who married the little sister. We have
him born in Franklin county, but ya never know.

I think you might very well be right about Amy being the source of the
information. I know there are a lot of "facts" about my family that I had
completely wrong, like Aunt Tess and Uncles Happy and Tom dying about the
same time Grandma did.

Les C

Subject: RE: [or-roots] whining Odyessy (was Ooopsy)

Yikes!  In Ancestry, the name is Bogrt. And, that's exactly how it is
written on the page. Go figure.
Minor/xxx is transcribed as Mamie!

Well, what we do know is that Julie had four children, all of whom were
living in 1900.

Since there are such interesting discrepancies, do you suspect maybe
daughter-in-law Amia gave the
information?  She may have known that Julie was born in Vermont, called her
"my mother-in-law" and the
census taker "assumed" the rest from there?

Ah, back to the courthouse for you, my man!

Pat