[or-roots] Question, Nursing home records?

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Sun Apr 30 22:34:36 PDT 2006

Will what I'm really looking for is next of kin (not medical) so I can
contact a living family member to find out family history & where my husband
s family is buried & living in Oklahoma. I know this doesn't pertain to
Oregon, but the list isn't busy right now, so thought I would ask & see what
you all knew to help me. I have called the funeral home who handled the
funeral back in 1990 & the nice man gave me her (my husband's aunt/mother's
sister) parents names, in which I didn't have & told me she was considered
special care" because she came from a nursing home & gave me the name of the
nursing home, said it was no longer open. But tomorrow, I'm going to call
the around (Cem.) & more in Oklahoma City, OK. & try to locate a name of a
living relative. My husband has not seen his mother & grandmother since abt.
1946.

So I wonder what the nursing homes do with the patients records, when they
close the doors for good?

Thanks! Nancy