[or-roots] Robert E. Lee Jones

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Thu Aug 10 10:47:31 PDT 2006

It is my understanding that all "Jones" come from Wales originally.  It
is a totally Welsh name.  So is Howell.  Have you ever looked at Quaker
records for Jones?  There were a lot of Jones Quakers that came to the
country very early.

Dale

Huntington Beach, CA

HI:

My Jones came from Wales and I. N. Jones settled in Nebraska.  His
brother Robert was a jewler

in the Grants Pass area circa turn of the century and bit later.  He
settled in Los Angeles and died

there.  I have a large list of these Jones, since they are on my
mother's side.  David and Ann Jones

of Wales are the ancestors of this group. In 1949 the Portland telephone
book was full of Jones.

Gene Barnes

Costa Mesa, CA.