[or-roots] Reunions

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Aug 15 21:49:57 PDT 2006

My Family has been doing reunions for about 30 years, though I seem to
recall we had family gatherings that were more or less reunions even further
back, but that was mostly my paternal grandfather's family but formally
about 30 years ago we started having Foster - Chapman reunions every summer
at the end of July. About s0 years ago we started holding them at the farm
of my Dad's sister and her husband and his family started joining us, now we
often have as many or more Phillips than we do Fosters and Chapmans.

One of the big reasons my family does that, AND we try to celebrate
somebodies birthday every year with a big "drag as many of the cousins and
nieces and nephews as possible party" is because otherwise we only see each
other at funerals. And when you see folks 3 or four times a year THAT WAY
you really have an incentive to have reunions and birthday parties.