[or-roots] Roseburg Papers

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Dec 17 11:30:49 PST 2006

My apologies; it seems the "Douglas County Newspaper Index 1867 - 1874 that
I have is in fact for the Plaindealer and the Ensign. Idon't see any other
names in the pages, though I just skimmed it.

I would warn those asking for look ups that the last person  I did a look up
for found out his ancestor was a contentios sort, 3/4 of the entries were
for court actions.

Les C

Does anyone out there know if there was another newspaper in Roseburg,
Oregon
prior to the Roseburg News Review?  Or when it was first established?

   Glen Bailey, Portland, OR