[or-roots] Jantzen Beach search the net

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Dec 17 19:09:20 PST 2006

Carissa;

Before you put too much effort into your original work, I suggest you google
the expression "jantzen beach" or use your search engine of choice. One of
the things you are going to find is an extended discussion of the history on
this mailing list. I suspect you might find some of it interesting, but be
warned it is a lot of repittition as it appears in the OR-roots archives; I
just spent an hour editing some of the excess from "one" of my personal
archival files and they are a little more concise than what you may find
from a search engine since the mime thingy tends to create a lot of
extraneous text in the archives.

Also some of the folks who were reminiscing had only slightly better
memories than i do, I didn't put my two bits in because though I know I
visited there two or three times while it was an active amusement park I
remember nothing about it. All I can remember is visiting a carousel that
had beeen revived or restored in the late '70's or early '80's in some store
or mall or something, can't even remember if I went with my sis and her
grand kids or my neice and nephew or ?

just to get you started;

bit o history;
http://www.jantzenbeachsupercenter.com/info/history.cfm

this may be the carousel I was thinking of

http://www.pdxhistory.com/html/jantzen_beach.html

Okay, I am going to retire with this link, you will find all kinds of
pictures, post cards and be advised not to go to just the link above,
explore the whole web site, as there are more good photos on the home page
and I dont know what else. Like I say, search the net before you put a lot
of work int "original" work because there is a lot on that park.

:Les C