[or-roots] online Oregon maps

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 08:03:55 PST 2006

Thanks for that link, I would advise however that once you get off of the
State Highways those start to be less than accurate, I just checked where I
grew up and while it fairly accurately shows the current route of our county
road and our private road up to a point, it totally ignores the fronatage
road where most of the people in my neighborhood live, and it shows none of
the branch roads that might lead to confusion, but does show a road that BPA
built almost fifty years ago and hasn't  been used since except when we hike
to Wards Butte from my neice's house, I think the Ranch still uses it once
and a while, but I could be wrong as I seem to remember the gate was
eliminated twenty or thirty years ago. If you are really into maps, I highly
recommend USA Photo maps, but be warned it requires a large hard drive and
high band width.

Les C

Subject: [or-roots] online Oregon maps

There are some highly detail ODOT maps available online at:

http://egov.oregon.gov/ODOT/TD/TDATA/gis/CountyMaps.shtml#Baker__Benton__Cla
ckamas