[or-roots] Keizer mea culpa/ where is Waconda?leslie

Gary Murray gmurray1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 8 18:20:14 PST 2006

leslie:   answered two e-mails from nancy and now your turn.  i talked with
a very old person who lived on waconda road.  he sid there was a pioneer
cem. at one time near him but the freeway paved over the top of it.  as i
told nancy, i was told by this same man thatwaconda was never a town but an
area.  i told nancy about this cem. with all the lee's in it.  hopefully she
will read this and know it is the jone's and not the lee's.  a dau. of
s.w.r. jones married as his first wife to augustus alva bonney in the
dalles.  i have a list of her name and their children.  this came from
bessie bonney who is long dead but was an old maid school teacher and the
dau. of a.a. bonney and his second wife.  i may be mixing them up here but i
am old and its allowed.  anyway i do have all this down on fgs's.   bessie
gave me info on the entire side of that family.  they all descend from dr.
truman bonney.  she tried to give me hundreds of pics of all the family and
i told her to give them to someone in the family.  they were not my line of
bonneys.  if someone out there finds a waconda cem. would they please let me
know as i am trying to move back to portland area where i can do more gene.
i have also been to the claggett cem. both online and in person and the one
online is missing at least one person that i know of.  martha jane bonney is
buried there and like her mother, was married twice but both are buried as
bonney's.
gary in az.