[or-roots] marriages among Kin

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Fri Feb 24 08:44:53 PST 2006

For all of you who remember Laura Scudder (think potato chips). She
married her stepson after her husband died.  My mom used to work for
her.
Dale

I guess I am entitled to chime in here since I married the daughter of a
cousin, for those keeping score that makes my son his own second cousin,
among other things; I just ran a kinship report on him and note that as
result of some clean up I have been doing he actually isn't related to
himself as many ways as he was;

	2nd cousin once removed		VII	4
	9th cousin once removed		XXI	11
	10th cousin				XXII	11
	9th cousin twice removed	XXII	12
	10th cousin once removed

now what you see her  is half a result of my marriage, but back in the
family tree are all kinds of crosses, as a result of which I do not have
family tree but a family web.

The most notorious one I can think of is somewhere in my New England
Browns
is a real twister, where distant cousins each raised a family, then
there
spouses died and they married. Then he died and she married third, her
own
step son, or at least that is what shows up in someone's famly file, I
have
never confirmed this however and with an uncommon name like Brown I'm
sure
there is no chance of mistakews.