[or-roots] Trying to Find

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Tue Jan 3 16:28:41 PST 2006

Bob,

In the 1870 United States Federal Census--ancestry.com
Found your George W Goodman & wife here. Could he be buried here close by
her?
Will look in the other census too, when I get a chance.

Home in 1870 living in Walla Walla Precinct, Umatilla, OR
Post office  Cayuse
Age 38 in 1870
Est. birth year  abt 1832
Birthplace  Illinois
Race  White
Occupation  Farmer
Wife Cynthia A.  born Illinois        **SEE Notes below
Son William M.  born abt. 1853 Illinois
Son Joseph W.  born abt. 1856 Illinois
Son Hanibal D.  born abt. 1858 Illinois
Son Henry P.      born abt.1861 Missouri
Dau. Rosa B.     born abt. 1864 Oregon
Son Charlie J.    born abt. 1866 Oregon
Dau. Ida              born abt. 1869 Oregon

Thought this was interesting below, if it's your George, 2 different spouse
names & marriage dates & but same Film #?
Illinois Marriages,  about George W., Jr. Goodman
Name:George W., Jr. Goodman
Gender:Male
Spouse Name:Cyntha Ann Gilbert <<<>>Goodman, Sintha Ann, d. 1871 Aug 15, @
35y 7m 2d, w/o Geo, >
**Found wife>>GO TO>>

Marriage Date:Ballou Cemetery - Umatilla County, Oregon
Goodman, Elizabeth, b. Feb 22, 1818, d. 1880 Oct 03, s/w Isabelle Gohlson ..

Schott, George, b. Feb 25, 1901, d. 1901 Feb 26, s/w Ernest, s/o John &
Maggie ...

Oct 13, 1851
Marriage County: Coles
Comments:This record can be found at the County Court Records, Film #
1301516 - 1301518.

PLUS Below, another marriage,
Illinois Marriages,
about George W., Jr. Goodman
Name:George W., Jr. Goodman
Gender:Male
Spouse Name:Margaret Airey
Marriage Date:Mar 27, 1852
Marriage County:Coles
Comments:This record can be found at the County Court Records, Film #
1301516 - 1301518.

Nancy