[or-roots] Looking for non Oregon help

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Jan 3 23:04:55 PST 2006

Linda;

If you are really hard up for something to do, I just uncovered a mystery in
my family I couldn't resolve;

In 1880 I find;

Wilson M. DECKER   Self   M   Male   W   61   PA   Farmer   PA   PA
 Sarah L. DECKER   Wife   M   Female   W   56   NY   Keeping House   PA   NY
 Henry J. DECKER   Son   S   Male   W   22   PA   Coml. Traveler   PA   NY
 Corney DECKER   Son   S   Male   W   25   PA   Works On Farm   PA   NY
 Lizzie SHINER   Niece   S   Female   W   18   PA   Domestic Servant   PA
PA

  Census Place Asylum, Bradford, Pennsylvania

My mystery is who is this Lizzie Shiner? I imagine it is Elizabeth, I
checked all the Shiners in Bradford Co that might work and came up with two
households,

William SHINER   Self   M   Male   W   75   PA   Laborer   GER   NJ
 Jane SHINER   Wife   M   Female   W   46   PA   Keeps House   ENG   NY

James B. SHANER   Self   M   Male   W   41   PA   Farmer   PA   PA
 Elizabeth SHANER   Wife   M   Female   W   30   PA   Keeping House   PA
PA

Except the last one doesn't work unless Elizabeth is a second wife or
Lizzie's mom's bp is reported wrong.

This is another one of my wild goose chases, Wilson Decker is one of three
brothers supposedly born in Franklin, Delaware Co., NY (notice he is listed
above as b. Pennsylvania!) George, Wilson and William. William is my
ggGrandpa by way of Da's 2xMa's. and we don't go any further back. I have a
web page and some other info that indicate that the three bros supposedly
had siblings and perusing the Census I think I came up with a candidate by
the name of Gilbert, but can't find him right now so may be thinking of
another quest entirely.

I apologize for sneaking in a non Oregon query, but if I belonged to the
relevant list for every location and surname I am "currently" searching, my
email inbox would never stop moving. I was pleasantly surprised after being
unable to get email from fri night to mon Morning that I only had 36 emails
waiting for me.

Les C

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Trying to Find

Bob Casebeer, You aren't the Bob I was talking to but I am at a dead end
with my family's right now. Brain freeze so it there is something or someone
specific you wanted looked up let me know and I will see what I can find.

Linda