[or-roots] Pacific Typhoon

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 05:32:25 PST 2006

Walt
I was in the first of the build up, was in communications, 232nd. US Army Signal Company, Installed radios all over South Vietnam, and there was war going on then we got ambushed twice.
We had troops in Vietnam since the French were kicked out it is a misconception that the war did not start until "65".
"65" was when we started doing all the fighting, the big joke when I was there was the Vietnamese flag the yellow was for the Arven and the red was the blood the Americans shed.
Glen
--
Glen A. Jones

From: DAVIESW739 at aol.com

Glen what were you doing in Vietnam in 62 the war didn't begin until 65. I know we had few people over there as advisors were you doing this.

I was off the 100 miles off the coast in 61 and we were talking about going into Laos.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460