[or-roots] Lewiston

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 12:00:56 PST 2006

Denise
I see you live in Lewiston, I am up that way at times, Gr Gr Grandfather William Craig buried at Jacques Spur, also have a cousin living at Lenore.
I hope to be up that way about May to clean up at the Jacques Spur cemetery again this year, did some their last year, also hope to do some research at  the BIA Office and the Library.
Glen Jones Portland, Oregon

--
Glen A. Jones

From: "Denise Merritt" <merritthome at clearwire.net>

I am also a Seventh-day Adventist and have been on and off this list since 1991.  I think Lee provided the link you were looking for while I was on vacation.  Anyone doing OR Research (early) might want to check the obituary index as statistically I was told that 4 out of 10 people in the NW (early years) belonged to the Seventh-day Adventist church.  That is off the top of my head from a research book I read about 10 years ago but after that I began checking many names and found lots of results.

Also... if you find an obituary you want, they are also available at the Walla Walla College library in their various periodical collections.  You have to go in person but the copies cost a dime last time I went.  Might be helpful to someone already planning a research trip to Walla Walla.

Denise in Lewiston, Idaho
Descendant of Oregon Pioneers of 1844 & 1852  (Gage, Gilliam, Matthews, Simmons, Atterbury, Agee, etc)