[or-roots] Renne's

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Jan 22 09:46:04 PST 2006

Char;

armed with Sue's info I took a peek in the 1920 Census and you will find it
interesting;

Precinct 40 of Dallas City, Polk Co., page 298 A;

Household 701 Hayter Oscar Head Owns-Free M W 46 M_ _ _ _ yes yess yes
Oregon _ Missourie _ Miasourie _ yes Lawyer  General Practice OA _

page 298 B [gonna skip the details her] [ forgot to note living on Birch St
I believe it says]

Hayter Bertha wife  f W 37 M	Minnesota	Iowa		Maine
	Elizabeth dau	14    Oregon	Oregon	Minnesota
	Robert     son	 8      "		"		"
	Phillip	"	 6	  "	 	"		"

NOw her's one of those things that makes reading the census so much fun;
next house down; household 703

Fuller Walter V	head	58 m		Iowa	US		Canada - English	 Cruiser	Timber W[?] 52
	Eliza       wife  55          Maine	Maine		Maine
Kreason [?] Robert boarder m w 30 S	NY	NY		Canda - English	Lawyer General
Practice OA

[but wait there's more]next houshold down: X		[something strange going on
with numbers here X apparently identifying a seperate houshold
									then 1002, 919, 1009 ???  musta really confused the count]

[on Hayter St, but following household again on Birch?]

Hayter Cary head     owns - free 49 S 		Oregon	Missouri	Missouri Retail
Merchant Book Store  OA
	Mary	Mother          	    81 Wd		Missouri	Kentucky	Kentucky

servant; Florence Hibbard age 22 S	Oregon	Wisconisn	Missouri

Now from this I get two interesting conjectures, Walter looks like a real
candidate for Bertha's dad;

Grand Rapids twnshp Grand Rapids Village Itasca Co., Minnesota page 241 B
1900 Census;

household 73 Hoffman? St

Fuller Walter V	head	Jan 1861	39 M 19 	Iowa		Canada English 	Canada English
Manufacturer
	Eliza J	wife	Sept 1864	35 M 19 1 1	Maine   	Maine			Maine
	Bertha L	dau	March 1882	18 S		Minnesota	IA			Maine

so though not "proving" my conjecture I would go with this in "my" family
tree until somebody came along and proved me wrong or I foudn out otherwise.
The other thing I see is a lot shakier, but if you notice Robert Kreason's
mother's place of birth I wonder if he is somehow connected to Walter
Fuller's family, I had initially assumed to his mother, but in 1900 Walter
lists both parents as Canadian so "possible" he has a conection to either
side. While that definitely isn't strong enough to go the the family tree
with, it would certainly be a starting point to track down Walter's mother's
maiden name, assuming you can track down his parents, I had no luck finding
Walter in the 1880 Census, no Walter or anything like him born in Iowa in a
two year age window.

if you go to the LDS search sight

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/searc
h_census.asp

and plug in Walter fuller

born 1852 give or take two years you will get eleven Walter's none of whom
look like a good match to me, making me wonder if he is in Canada at that
time?

Hope this helps.

Les C

Subject: [or-roots] Renne's

I'm looking for any information on an Elizabeth Hayter born to Bertha =