[or-roots] Umatilla stuff

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 17:28:56 PST 2006

I worked for the State of Washington Dept of Ecology in 1990's. I was a Supervisor of Hazardous and Toxics Waste Removal.
We had one large job near Seattle which involved digging up a huge amount of nasty waste and transporting it to a Site near Umatilla OR ( we shipped about 100 Truck loads of waste to the Umatilla Site.).  At that site it was burried.  This Project was near the old Chemical Dump at Umatilla, OR.  I believe there is still some cleanup of that Chemical Site going on.  Also there was a lot of old Ordnance (Explosives) Stored near there, and I think poison Gases.
Scary, hungh?.

--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired