[or-roots] Re: Bailey Name

Papaglen000 at aol.com Papaglen000 at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 12:25:49 PDT 2006

Hi Glen -

    Yes, I have done a ton of research on our Baileys.   Clear back to
England in
the 1500's.  My 10th ggfather came over around 1640 and settled in  Rowley,
MA.,
not far from Salem.  I've been back there and saw the site where he  first
settled
and built a house.  They slowly moved west, one grandfather in the  Worcester,
MA area, then to Illinois and Kansas.  My great grandfather was killed  in an
accident in the Bellevue, KS switching yards.  My grandfather, James
Benjamin (Ben)
Bailey and his brother John were born in Leavenworth, KS.  They headed  west
Oregon.  My dad was born in a sod hut in Hoxie, KS way up in the  northwest
corner
of the state.  They continued on to Portland, where uncle John stayed  and
worked
for Union Pacific RR until he died.  Grandma and Grandpa went on to  Roseburg
where
he was a postman for a zillion years.   They are both buried in  Roseburg
Memorial.

Where do you live in Portland?  We are just off Burnside and 113th, on  Pine
Court.

   Glen