[or-roots] McCumber in Douglas Co OR

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Wed Jul 5 08:39:26 PDT 2006

The bottom one in the donation land claim is actually, James Harvey
McCumber.  His wife was Mary Ann Shaw daughter of John Shaw and Harriet
(Nancy) Harris.  Mary Ann was the sister of Elizabeth Shaw who married
Nehemiah Northrup in Illinois.  She had two daughters, Adeline Northrup
and Mary Ann Northrup.  Mary Ann was obviously named after Elizabeth's
sister.
This is the one I can't find after 1860.  She was living with her mother
and siblings in Douglas County with a stepfather Francis Marion Vliet.
It is indexed in 1860 as Leet.
Maybe there is something else you could find on Francis Marion Vliet?
Thanks,
Dale