[or-roots] Ford cemetery

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 16:51:02 PDT 2006

I found a William M Howell, b 1893 (which would fit as oldest son of Thomas
and Lillie. William was 17 in the 1910 census and working as a hired man in
South Dallas, Wasco Co., OR. So, he may not have died as a young child. Didn't
find him in the WW I Draft notices but did find Leslie (b abt 1899), who seems
to be buried at the Willamette Ntl. Cemetery in Portland.

By the 1920 census, Precinct 10, Umatilla Co., OR, Lillie had married Charley
Clemens and Leslie was living with them - age 21

Carroll (Cooper) Summers
Carrollouc at aol.com

Yes, I do have his parents.  They were Thomas Howell and Lillie May Hoskins.
His siblings were Nora Bell Howell, Gertrude Howell, Clara Howell, Versey
Venus Howell and Leslie Howell.  I don’t know where William fit in but my guess
is that he was the first son as Lillie May’s father’s name was William.  He
died in Milton and I think that is the same as Milton-Freewater today.
I found Lillie May living with her brother in Milton in the 1910 census.
Nora Bell had already married so wasn’t with the household.  William was also not
counted.
Thanks,
Dale