[or-roots] Ancestry Look up request Samuel Goddard

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Jul 10 16:52:36 PDT 2006

I have a Samuel Goddard;

Series: T623  Roll: 1348  Page: 159
Surname  GivenName  Age  Sex  Race  Birthplace  State  County  Location
Year
 GODDARD  SAMUEL S  45  M  W  IL  OR  LANE  GATE CRK PCT  1900

 Unfortunately Heritage Quest image is very poor, the people of interest to
me are on 159 B, on 159 A, quite legible are Samuel age 26 and Wife Emma age
20, I suspect though info given doesn't bear it out, that this is son of
Samuel of interst to me, since they are next door and I further suspect that
Andrus or whateve the guy just above is also family. Of note, in HQ they are
indexed Goddard but actually written Godard, as far as I know double d is
the way they actually spelled it.

Just checked Sr in 1880 and only one child then; Magnolia, these could be
nephews, say sons of brother Andrew b. 1841, I never found him after 1860.
But that's a non Oregon thing.

What this all leads up to is I am trying to find Elbert Leroy Chapman b 1870
in Wisconsin  in the 1910 census, I have his wife Ora A. [Bragg] d. 28 May
1910 in Springfield Oregon, and daus Nancy b. 10 July 1905, Nefa 17 July
1907 and son Charles b 17 May 1910 [guess we know what got Ora] all listed
as born in Oregon, but Aunt Nell has a fourth child julia Gertrude listed as
d. age 7 yrs 7 mos 8 days buried in Reeds Cemetery, Oakridge and a date Nov
10 1909, but when I look up Reeds Cemetery, Oakridge online I find it in
Wisconsin, with a whole lot of their [my] kin buried in it, but not Julia, I
can't find a Reed's Cemetery in Oakridge Oregon. I am hoping that finding
them in 1910 will resolve whether the date is date of birth or death. She
isn't listed online in the death index. Also nothing at Oregon archives.