[or-roots] FAULKNER, Arnold Joe Obit

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Jun 14 22:09:46 PDT 2006

Judy;

I didn't mention this before because I didn't know how it was going to turn
out, if I would have time or not. I was in Eugene Springfield today and
snatched an hour from my schedule to drop by the Knight library and look in
the Oregonian microfilms files there; I started with 22 march 1966 looking
at all articles through April first thinking the death of a home town boy
should have at least a small item, I didn't check death notices as I figured
they would not have any relevant info, as I was running out of time from
first on I just looked at obits, through April ninth and did NOT find Arnold
or any other Faulkner, I did find a Rondeau to add to MY collection, but no
sign of your guy. Maybe I missed him; two weeks seems like a long time to
wait to run and obit, but that's not conclusive either. I know there are
indexes out there somewhere, if someone has access to one and can tell me
what date to look for him on I can try again if I get another chance, or
maybe you can arrange an interlibrary loan, or access this through a Family
History Center. I was very disappointed to come up empty handed as my heart
goes out to this young lady in search of her father. Obviously she is
running out of time to find any one to fill her in on the type of person he
was, except maybe classmates. Can we assume he graduated from high school in
Portland?

les C