[or-roots] Junction City Thread

HARMON Andi * DAS IRMD GGDC Andi.Harmon at state.or.us
Thu Mar 2 19:53:47 PST 2006

Sorry so late in this but was noticing a thread about using Rural Route
in the addresses.  In the 60's, growing up in Veneta, our address was
Rt. 3 Box 293 in Veneta.  Later it was changed to 88545 Ellmaker Rd.  I
also remember when we had a 5 digit phone number - it was WE5-1631.

I also didn't realize that Benton and Lane County Junction City
addresses could be interchanged.  Interesting.  My ancestors homesteaded
in Cheshire, where the tree farm is now.  Actually, some of them are
buried on top of the hill in a private cemetery on the tree farm.
Others are in the old Franklin Pioneer Cemetery in Franklin, between
Elmira and Junction City.  I think we have 5 generations, or maybe 6
now, born in Lane County.

Andi
Burns, Oregon
Last Chance Ranch