[or-roots] Passenger list

cjp joppe cjpjoppe at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 09:55:39 PST 2006

Huge thank you for posting this link!  Found the
hottest lead (one of those rare EUREKA! moments) in a
very long time using their search feature.  The first
'hit' looks like my gggfather and family!

All of the names have been repeated in the next two
generations of my family.  Now I need to link them
from Philadelphia in 1832 to Misourri in 1847. From
there I know they came to Oregon =D
Passengers on the Thames, arriving in Philadelphia
Ship Thames

London, England to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA - PORT OF PHILADELPHIA
I, Charles J. Benedict do solemnly, sincerely, and
truly swear that the Report or Manifest, subscribed
with my name, and now delivered by me to the Collector
of the Distict of Philadelphia, contains to the best
of my knowledge and belief, a just and true account of
all the passengers which were on board the Ship Thames
at the time of her sailing from the port of London or
which have been taken or board at any time since; that
I am at present and have been during the voyage,
master of the said vessel. And I do likewise swear
that all matters whatsoever in the said Report or
Manifest, are to the best of my knowledge and belief,
just and true. So help me God. Sworn before me this
11th day of June 1832 J. Key COLLECTOR. Chas J
Benedict (signed)
REPORT OR MANIFEST of all the PASSENGERS taken on
board the Ship Thames whereof Chas J Benedict is
Master, from London, burthen 413 94/95 tons, and owned
by Joseph R. Evans and Georgert Robinson of
Philadelphia and bound to Philadephia.
Columns represent: (number), Names, Age, Sex,
Occupation, To what Country belonging, Country of
which it is their intention to become Inhabitants,
*Number and Names of Passengers died on the voyage.

49 John Parrott            38      Male   Weaver
  Ireland  Philadelphia
 50 Eleanor Parrott         32      Female
   Ireland  Philadelphia
 51 Mary Parrott            15      Female
   England  Philadelphia
 52 Jane Parrott            12      Female
   England  Philadelphia
 53 Elizabeth Parrott       10      Female
   England  Philadelphia
 54 William Parrott          8      Male
   England  Philadelphia
 55 John Parrott             6      Male
   England  Philadelphia
 56 Margaret Parrott*        4      Female
   England  Philadelphia
 57 Eleanor Parrott*         1      Female
   England  Philadelphia

--- Leslie Chapman <reedsportchapmans at verizon.net>
wrote:

> The best place I kknow of is
>
> The Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild
>
> http://www.immigrantships.net/
>

> the home page above also includes links to other
> ship list sources.
>
> Les C

carole
cjpjoppe at yahoo.com