[or-roots] Lookup

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Mar 4 22:35:48 PST 2006

Karen;

Thought I would google your folks;

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~quick/index/ind1087.html

is a fellow researcher's page that contains an Earl, looks like this person
knows less than you do however. On further review, I suspect this isn't your
guy.

Here is his dad;

Hubert CHRISTNER
2 Mar 1892 - Mar 1971
BIRTH: 2 Mar 1892, PA
DEATH: Mar 1971, Meyersdale, Somerset Co., PA
Family 1 : Florence Lucinda BROWN
 Paul CHRISTNER
 Earl CHRISTNER
 Kathleen CHRISTNER
 Everett CHRISTNER
 Irene CHRISTNER
 Janet CHRISTNER

Here is another version of the above;

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/pa/somerset/history/family/stephanus-f.
txt

KIN?

Roy T. Christner
A funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 7, 1999, in Canby Funeral
Chapel for Roy T. Christner, who died June 30 of prostate cancer at age 87.
Mr. Christner was born Sept. 2, 1911, in Hubbard. He was a farmer and a mill
worker for Crown Zellerbach in Molalla for 15 years before his retirement in
1973. In 1937, he married Virginia Landwing.
Survivors include his wife; son, Dick of Hubbard; brothers, Fred and Roscoe,
both of Barlow and Arnold of Canby; sisters, Etta Beer of Brooks, Rovena
Kallstrom of Canby and Berdina Brown of Oregon City; two grandchildren; and
four great-grandchildren.
Interment will be in Zion Mennonite Cemetery in Hubbard.

I just skimmed through 440 obituary index entries for Earl Christner on
Ancestry, of which ten or 15 actually bore some resemblence to Earl
Christner, say James E  or some such with a few actual Earls, none of which
happened to fit any of the other criteria for a match.

Just another bone I have to pick with Ancestry, if you are going to give the
customer a whole bunch of options for search parameters, then when they
punch the search button your stupid data  base should use those options. I
did exact search, Earl Christner Oregon born in 1908 and go I believe every
obit listed that contained the character strings ear or christ or 1908 or
Oregon.

Sorry I couldn't help.