[or-roots] Oregon Insane Asylums

Gary Murray gmurray1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 14 17:23:59 PST 2006

my grandfather died in the mental inst. of oregon in salem in 1944.  my mom
and her sisters were always leery of telling anyone that since he wasn't
crazy but was in the first stages of dementia.  he and my grandmother lived
in hillsboro.  he died in 1944 and i just barely remember him.  very tall,
white hair, and thin.  1944 wasn't that long ago for some of us so we have
come quite a distance.
gary in az.