[or-roots] Birth Record

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Sat Mar 18 05:39:52 PST 2006

Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002 Record
Name:  Walter Joseph Bordenkircher
Birth Date:  5 Apr 1905
Death Date:  10 Jan 1975
Death County:  Marshall
Mother's Maiden Name:  Koch
State File Number:   001143
Certificate Number:   001143
Certificate Year:   1975
Record Number:   2648921

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Record
Name:Walter J Bordenkircher
Birth Year:  1906
Race:  White, citizen
Nativity State or Country:   Illinois
State:  Minnesota
County or City:  Marshall

Enlistment Date:  9 Sep 1942
Enlistment State:  Oregon
Enlistment City:  Portland
Branch:    Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code:  Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade:  Private
Grade Code:  Private
Term of Enlistment:  Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

Component:Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source:  Civil Life

Education:  Grammar school
Civil Occupation:  Geographer
Marital Status:  Single, without dependents
Height:  63
Weight:  133

Source Information:

National Archives and Records Administration. U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2005. Original data: Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, 1938-1946 [Archival Database]; World War II Army Enlistment Records; Records of the National Archives and Records Administration, Record Group 64; National Archives at College Park, College Park, MD.