[or-roots] Oregon Names only

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 13:33:16 PST 2006

I believe Burrel Griffin is the man for whom Griffin Creek was named. It
roams through a good deal of the N.W. side of the valley.

Carroll Cooper Summers
don't really expect any help from this, but I'll put it out here anyway.

Burrel Bell Griffin, b. 13 May 1808, from Missouri to Linn county, Oregon in
1848, to Jackson county in 1852, married Sarah "Sally" Throckmorton 23 March,
1829 in Overton Co., TN; Sally born 22 July 1808 in Montgomery Co., NC.  My
brick wall:  to prove the place of Burrel's birth (most census records give
Kentucky, on his DLC he gives eastern Tennessee), and information about his
parents:  John Griffin and Chloe Bell.

James Andrew Hamlin, b. 01 April 1815, Lewis Co., KY, from Iowa to Jackson
county, Oregon in 1852; married Eliza Jane Shearer 02 July 1840 in Vermilion
Co., IL, Eliza b. 13 Apr 1822, Shelby Co., IN.  I have this family pretty well
covered, but would share if there is anyone on this list who has a connection.

Darlene