[or-roots] Roll call

karen thomas karthomas at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 20 17:59:59 PST 2006

My ancestors I'm researching include

Roth, Christian & Catherine Rich - born Alsace area came to Marion Co, Oregon January, 1892.
Schultz, Frank & Elizabeth - probably came same time. BLM land records show homestead in
Linn County.  Were Mennonite & most familys traveled together.  Also explains why people
married kin, since they were not allowed to marry outside religious circles.

Burkholder, Ezra - came to Oregon 1913,  mother was Susanna Schrock Lehman born Canada.
Lots of records on Schrock family but my dead end is why was his name Burkholder.  Professional
genealogist Ruth Burkholder of Ontario, Canada (has done Burkholder Family Assn.) says
there is no record of an Ezra connected with Susanna.  1880 census shows him as stepson
of Isaac Lehman & Susanna.

Fortunately for me, most of my ancestors were Mennonite & the Gospel Herald site of Mennobits has supplied me with most of the information on my research.