[or-roots] Wasco Co history

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Mar 20 18:18:09 PST 2006

Okay;
I am a bear for punishment, I just saved the following to my computer to
make it possible for me to transcribe info for folks who are interested in
these names. I will list the source below, for folks with a history in Wasco
Co I would highly recommend getting this book if it's available, if not get
access to Heritage Quest and download the whole thing, What I have here is
the Bio section and I ran into the next part a little before I realized the
bios were done, if you read this you will see why. Most of these are short
items, mostly anecdotal, generally only year of birth and death for title
characther, then if you are lucky spouse and children, some of these are
quite detailed, if there is one name on the page, it is all that family, if
there are five names, then they all have a short paragraph, you get the
idea.

I didnt bother to see how many pages this was before I dove into indexing
it, I might have chickened out if I had, I was looking for Glenn's Albert
Hugh Robie when I found this, but I haven't forgotten my promise Karla,
you're next, it's just that I grew up with a Robie family and that surname
jumped out at me.

Les C

FOR FOLKS ASKING FOR LOOKUPS IN THIS TEXT, REFER ME TO MY 2006 HISTORY/WASCO
CO folder, so I can remember where I put this

McNeal, William H.,
History of Wasco County, Oregon
The Dalles, Ore.: unknown, 1954?, 502 pgs.

364
Sam Driver Family
Judge Henry G. Meredith
Matthias Schoren
Tragic death of Allie Gronwald and Son
365
Dr Paul Vogt
Judge Blakely
Grandma Burgess
366
Alexander Nish
Dr A. b. Stone
Thomas J Smith
Charlie Burchtorf
367
married 50 or mor years
Mays, John, Hadley,Blakeley,Hallyburton, Remington, McCoy, Scott, Creighton,
Pinkerton, Strahm, Agee, Boldon, Nielson Walther
Felix Sexton
Dr Ben Morgan
368
Jc Egbert
369
Max Vogt
Joe Vogt
James C. thrall
370
John Y Todd
Rev Bronsgeest
The Episcopal Church
371
Masiker - Price
372
Carson C Masiker
Elmira ma Henry Barnum
George B-
Martyn J-
Capt Albert Jay Price
373
James Benjamin Swett
Pat Foley
374
"Billy" I N Wiley by Fred Lockley
375
Portland Adams
Enoch E. Anderson
376
Andy Allen
John Allen
Stephen Adams
Edward E. Ball
377
Alexander Anderson
Johanes (John) Blaser
Mary K. Britten
378
August Buchler
Jesse W. Blakeney
Gus Bartell
Judge William L. Bradshaw
Chas N. "Binks" Burgett
379
Milo M. Cushing
Mrs. JE Barnett
380
John L. Anderson
Samuel L Brooks
Wm Harrison Butts
Mrs. Belle Bauer
John H. Broer
381
Dr. Polhemus Craig
Daniel L. Cates
James B. Crossen
Luther E. Crowe
Dr. Belle Cooper Ferguson
382
Col Avery John Cooper
Archibald E. Crosby
Ernest L Curtiss
Paul Childers
John W. Elton
George Hostetler
C.H. "Pop" Endicott
383
Donell Family
Martin Z-
Ernest C. Fitzgerald
Marsh Family
384
Prof James M. De Moss Family
Henry -
George-
385
Thomas A. Hudson
Thomeas R. -
Russell -
Judge Grank S. Gunning
386
Daniel M. French
Joshua W. French
Smith French
Joseph M. French and Marsh French
Frecnh & Co Closes
387
Dr. Thomas E. Griffith
Edward Griffin
Francis V. Galloway
Ira F. Hill
388
John Gavin
Celia Gavin
Blake Gallaher
Dr. John A Geisendorffer
Clayton Grimes
Hans Hansen
Charles Gillman
389
Frank Heater
Henry Charles Hurley
Albert JOhnson
James L. KElley
Kelley Horses Burned in 1935
390
Thomas Knebel
Henry Klint
Thomas Stackpole Lang
391
A. Ad Keller
Lane Brothers, Blacksmiths
Wentworth Lord
Judge AE Lake
Carl F. Mehl
Wm. Franklin Magill
392
John M. Marden
Richard D. Maxon
393
George B. Martin
Fred Lash
Ezra Meeker
394
Michael Doyle
Edward C. Maynard
Edward J. McMahon
Mrs Benton Mays
John Michell
Alexander Nish
Abiel S. McAllister
395
McClure Cabin
Inwert C. Nickelsen
Joseph T. Peters
Dave Nelson
Joe Rupp
396
Dr John A Reuter
Capt Robert B. Randall
William Rehbein
Dr William Shackelford
Leo Schanno
397
Lewis Anderson
Peter John Stadelman
George -
Wilbur John -
Joseph -
Issac N. Sargent
398
James B. Small
Johan Stubling
Heimrich Home sold at Sheriff's sale
Asa G. Stogsdill
Judge Garfield G. Shults
Albert Weigelt
399
Wiliam H. Taylor
Dr. Paul Vogt
Ezekiel H Waterman
Frank Velarde
400
William E. Walther
Adolph Walthers
Nathan W. Wallace
Congressman John Williamson
Robert E. Williams
William Henry Wolfe
Malton C. Walston
401
Marcus Scherrer
Daniel Zachery
Willis -
William Wedekind
William Saltzman
Henry Clay Gordion
Dr E. Neel Smith
402
John Adam Fleck
Gertrude-
Mary Anne-
Emma Josephene-
Helen Leona-
Joseph J.-
Rosina-
Maryan Foley
403
Catherine Fleck
Francis GJ-
Fleck grapes at state fair 1922
Margaret Walker
Frederick T. Esping
Joe Somawah
Phillip Meeker
404
Captain Issac McFarland
Eliza Siepless -
James Cornelius -
E;oza Alice -
Larua Ellen -
405
Frank -
Clara -
Viola -
Homer -
Julia Anne -
Mary Amanda -
Sarah Melinda -
[7 more]
Abner Beau Moore
406
Stephen Price
Eugene Crandall -
Alice Eugenia -
Stephen Cornelius -
General Grant's 1883 visit to the Dalles
407
Wasco Mill