[or-roots] Brickwalls

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Mar 20 19:14:57 PST 2006

Okay glen;

You probably have all of this, if not sing out, I can transcribe it or send
images, you need to search for A.H. Robie to hunt for him; Okay, now I am
truly befuddled, in both of the following books he is listed solely as A.H.
Robie, but a search on that form doesn't turn up either reference?? I give
up, think I will go hammer at Karla's problem for a while.
Les C

Gilbert, Frank T.
Historic sketches of Walla Walla, Whitman, Columbia and Garfield Counties,
Washington Territory, and Umatilla County, Oregon
Portland, Or.: Print. and Lithographing House of A.G. Walling, 1882, 627
pgs.

page 190, unit roster of his rank in Washington volunteers
page 203; "Immediately Indian supplies were forwarded with a light guard
under charge of 'soecial a'gen A,H Robie to teh Nez Perces,"	.	.	.
page 206 - 207; item about being run off by the Nez Perces at Lapwai while
taking them supplies

Anonymous
An Illustrated history of Baker, Grant, Malheur and Harney Counties : with a
brief outline of the early history of the state of Oregon.
Chicago?: Western Historical Pub. Co., 1902, 871 pgs.

633-635 item about his owning a mill and selling out to French, I think I
missed part of it though, can't find where it says he was killed

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Brickwalls

Joseph
My Great Grandfather's name was Albert Hugh Robie.
He was appointed special Indian agent by Joel Palmer on his arrival in
Oregon, Worked in the Walla Walla Wa.and Lapwai Id. areas Married the
Daughter of William Craig My Grt. grt. Grandfather who was and Interpeter
for Issac Stevens in his treaty councils, he was also married to Pah Tis Sah
the daughter of Chief James of the Nez Perce, Craig was the only white man
allowed a Donation land claim on the Nez Perce Reservation and it is in the
1855 Treaty with the Nez Perce.
Albert moved to the Boise Idaho area about 1860 and is listed as one of the
founding fathers of Boise, he also was one of the first cattlemen in Eastern
Oregon, The diamond Craters Area of Malhuer is named for the cattle brand he
and his partner had, he was selling out to Pete French and the French Glenn
Empire when he died at the start of the Bannock War.
But we have never found out who his parents are and have postings on Ny, Nh,
and Mass. roots web boards but no response so far.
Glen
roots