[or-roots] Brickwalls redux

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 09:35:23 PST 2006

Joseph
I should have added that A.H. Robie was also a Captain in the Oregon-Washington Volunteers and acted as a quartermaster for the unit, 1860 census has him In Walla Walla as a Farmer.
Glen

--
Glen A. Jones

From: "Joseph Noecker" <jnoecker at qwest.net>
I had an error in something I posted years ago.  Recently I discovered the error, couldn't find how I could edit or post of it, and so contacted genealogy.com to see about this.  The reply I got was that it can not be edited or deleted.  All I can do is post a new one.  They said it's because the volume and tree no. are already out there on CD's.  They did offer to stop making it available.

Seems they could create an errata listing vol and tree nos. where the originator has informed them they know it to be inaccurate.

Darlene Casteel wrote:
Agreed.  My other complaint is with people who post incorrect information in family trees, and then change their e-mail address so you can't make contact.  That wrong information just keeps floating around in cyber-space.
Darlene