[or-roots] timber in Whitman County WA

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Tue Mar 21 15:25:24 PST 2006

Judy

Thanks!

Now that I brought it up, I thought I'd check the actual BLM records. Surprise!  These kids had either
homesteads, or "cash sales entry - 3 Stat. 566" entries. No "timber culture." Go figure.

So, some family "legend" was not quite on target. But what about 2ggrandpa?  I don't find his land in
Whitman at all. Yet, I've seen the plat maps for said land, and been to the farm personally. My guess is
he bought it from the patentee, and it was a secondary sale, therefore not on the land records.

Shows to go you -- never trust your relatives memories.

Pat