[or-roots] timber in Whitman County WA

Eugene V. Barnes evbarnes at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 17:37:13 PST 2006

MessageOregon, I understand passed a law in the 1880s requiring counties to forward vital stats to one central office.
By about 1930 most counties had started to comply.  I have a grandfather who died and there is NO record
of his death in 1905 , and we had a grand child of his with no date of birth or death crca about 1904, and
my father born in 1906 had no birth certificate.  His sister born in MInn had to make a ceclaration in
1942 as to his birth.  So if you can't find some one in Oregon, the above is one reason.

The Archives do now have on line late birth and other late reported events.