[or-roots] birth records

maryeatwell at charter.net maryeatwell at charter.net
Wed Mar 22 07:35:39 PST 2006

My grandmother was born Blachley-Triangle Lake area Lane Co Oregon 1910. When my mother helped get my grandmother on Soc. Sec. she got the family bible from my great Aunt, took it to the Court house and had it verified. The reason for this was the Lane Co court house had burned down with all the birth records. For this reason the birth records in Oregon are all at the Vital Records Office now. Hope someone in your family has such a bible, as they are considered a 'Fact of Birth' for Vital Registration.