[or-roots] Birth Certificates

mflansburg at comcast.net mflansburg at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 16:03:31 PST 2006

In some states I have dealth with, you only had to show "proof" if you wanted a "certified" copy.  If you are doing genealogy, and don't need a certified copy, just ask for an uncertified copy.

Marcus

From: "Sue Steward" <ssteward at ccountry.net>

In Texas I had to send a copy of driver's license for ID and state my relationship to get copies of death certificates for a great uncle and cousins.   I think the request form asked about purpose and I just stated genealogical.

Sue