[or-roots] Profiles of Progress -- Sweet Home, Linn County, Oregon

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 20:01:17 PST 2006

I just received today a book I found on eBay about Linn County. It was
written in 1971 by Roy A. Elliott. Of course I won't have time to read it for
quite a while but I will offer this. There is a section on  family  biographies.
According to the introduction to that section the biographies
were of pioneer families who settled the area under the homestead laws  and
chosen
because of notable contributions in public service to the community.

Here is the list:
The Ames family
The Barr family
The Russell family
The Wiley family
The Paddock family
The Moss family
The Sportsman family
The Simons family
The John Thompson family
The Nye family
The Galbraith family
The Mealey family
The Storey family
The Keeney family
The Malone family
The Nothinger family
The Rice family
The Weddle family
The Pickens family
The Jackson family
The Burgett family
The Whitcomb family

Now here is my offer: Remember these were Sweet Home area families.
If you know that you are descended from one of these families and have not
seen
this book, I will scan that biography and send it to you in an attachment
with proper
citation. (Of course  you have to accept attachments to your  email.)

And, don't ask me to look for specific names because the book is not  indexed
and I DO NOT have time to search. Anyone not following my rules this time
will
not receive a response. Sorry!

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR