[or-roots] Casey State Park

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Fri May 5 17:29:38 PDT 2006

Bob;

They were looking for info on the one on the Rogue, best I could come up
with was a James Casey who was a saloon keeper in the 1860 or 70 Census, he
might be the person Evelyn was looking for as the State says the wayside was
named for a guy who ran an inn and tavern while squatting on govt. land
nearby. But I couldn't come up with a sure link, and not a word in the
county histories I have.

Les /c